6 Mar 2015

Goodbye Summer!



 
 

 


 

 
 

 
 
Summer is over, so I thought I'd do a bit of a reflective post. I had so much fun during Summer this year and made lots of great memories, one of them obviously starting this blog. I can't believe how far this blog has come in just over two months, and I'm so excited to continue to share my experiences and thoughts with you guys in the future.
 
When I told my parents that I wanted to start a blog, I didn't get a very positive reaction at first. They said things like, 'It won't last very long, you'll run out of things to say', whilst at the same time telling me to start a diary to be able to express my thoughts and feelings. The two didn't seem very different, since they wanted me to make this blog private (I'm the oldest child, so they are quite protective of me). But (obviously) I ignored them and set up this blog secretly, and made my own little space on the Internet. And I'm so glad I did!
 
On to school related stuff now, 2015 so far has been really enjoyable for me. I've got great teachers who are really supportive and only want to help us achieve our best. As my Society and Environment teacher said at the beginning of the year, year 10 is the make or break year. It will decide what courses I can do in year 11 and 12, which is kind of a big deal.
 
I have found one downside to my school life this year though. Since I play an instrument through school, I have FOUR MUSIC CLASSES EACH WEEK (not including my instrument lesson, band and choir - all of which is compulsory for music students). This is a real disadvantage when it comes to elective subjects, because I only get one every semester, while everyone else gets three. And I chose French which I have to do for the whole year. Which means that I don't get any other choice subjects. And I have the same teacher that I have had for the past two years, who is also the one that has a really boring teaching method. We don't learn anything, and I'm really annoyed. So much so that I'm doing French tutoring after shool whith two of my friends.
 
Other than that however, the year so far has been amazing. I've gained a few more friends, caught up with old ones, and just had fun. I love Summer, and I can't wait until the next one!
 
 
Things I'm gonna miss about Summer:
 
- The beach
 
- Perfect, sunny weather
 
- Summer holidays
 
- Christmas
 
- Wearing open shoes
 
- Shorts and singlets
 
- Family BBQ's
 
- Swimming in the pool at school
 
- Oversized T-shirts
 
- Staying fit (kinda)
 
 
Hope you all had a great Summer too (or Winter, depending on where you are in the world), and are looking forward to Autumn (or spring).
 
Lots of love, Little Robin
 
x

3 comments:

  1. It's nearly spring in the U.K and winter was absolutely fantastic! I am very excited for Spring though! so glad you had a great summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fab summer (Almost spring here in the U.K

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's still super snowy and cold in Canada:( Almost Spring......

    ReplyDelete