If you're someone who misses the alarm, wakes up late and has half and hour to get ready before the bus arrives, then I know exactly how you feel. For the first week it's ok, you're body has to suddenly shift from being a sleep machine and waking up at 11am (or is that just me?) to waking up at 6:30am overnight. But after that week of suffering, we probably should have eased back into our new sleep timetable, right?
Well, not me.
I keep missing the alarm because I forgot to set it, and then I end up at week 9 and I'm still using the excuse, 'I'm just still used to getting up later ok? Give me a break!' Well by that stage, I don't really think that cuts it any more. So, I've devised a list of better excuses for this scenario.
1. The TV was too loud last night so I couldn't sleep until you went to bed. And by the time you did, I was over-tired and I only got 5 hours of sleep.
2. I stayed up late studying. If you have a problem with me sleeping in because I have too much work, talk to the teachers, not me.
3. I'm preparing for flu season. It's been scientifically proven that those who get less than 7 hours sleep are 3 times more likely to get the flu than those who get more than 9 hours. True fact.
4. I didn't hear the alarm on my phone because you took it from me.
5. I'm catching up on the sleep I lost yesterday when you made me get up on time!
If you can think of any more, please leave them in a comment bellow.
Another problem I face all through the school year is organisation. This is something that I fail at all year round; my bedroom floor is messy, my desk is a disgrace, I loose half of my papers, you know, that kind of stuff. Anyone else? I would love to know that I'm not alone in this area. But if anyone struggles with the same problems, here are 5 excuses for being messy and unorganised.
1. It's easier for me to find stuff if it's right in front of my face all the time.
2. It depends what your definition of messy is. Because compared to your room, well... mine's the least of your worries.
3. Well, if you let me close my bedroom door, you would never know if it was messy or clean, would you? So stop complaining when you're causing half the problem.
4. It's a metaphor. It's like having all your thoughts spread out in front of you. It helps me think. You should try it someday.
5. But it's an organized mess!
And of course, being late for school. There's nothing to really say about this because everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone has been late to school at least once in their lifetime. Come on. Just admit it. Anyway, 5 excuses for being late to school. Enjoy!
1. I'm not late, I'm just really early for tomorrow!
2. I was dreaming about a basketball game and it ran overtime.
3. I had this conflict going on within me regarding whether to exhibit herd mentality by attending school or whether to take a more individualistic decision of skipping school; I chose the former but the decision-making process was lengthy and complex.
4. I’m late because my dad was punishing my younger brother this morning. He was beating him with my shoes. I couldn’t come in barefoot.
5. Reading this post made me late.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it extremely helpful!
Lots of love, Little Robin